16 January 2010

Untold Previous Races and NB30 km Run Jitters

so i have been neglecting my blog for quite some time and this defeats the purpose of having a blog in the first place which is to update it with race reports and my running activities.. okie i promise to be a good boy and to update this blog as frequent as i can with updates on my running escapades..

here are recaps of races that i have participated but i didnt get the chance to update in details:

1) Singapore Standard Chartered Marathon 2009 - 21km - 2 hrs and 6 mins
I only managed to rub few seconds off from Penang Bridge's time - it could have been a better timing or sub 2 hours had i gave the toilet-break a pass, i queued for more than 5 minutes to use one.. it was a good run over all, almost 50000 runners participated, loved the atmosphere, Singapore streets were flooded with sea of runners clad in blue,it was an amazing sight to behold, I just cant describe it, it is something that we don’t find when running back home, The event organizer sure knew how to make running events fun and festive.. oh ya, i hate the many,many u-turns though..

2) Malakoff Run - 12km run - 1 hr and 9 mins
the hills of Mont Kiara really killed.. i was not familiar with the route.. i went all hyped up climbing the 1st hill only to find there were many-many hills later to climb.. i went pancit on the 2nd half of the run and there was one time when going up hills was impossible, i gave up and walked my way uphill for 5 mins.. i never walked in my race before! i then resumed running all the way to finishing line and got smoked by many runners in the process..morale of the story for me is to include hills in my training as most of my regular runs include flat routes.. lucky that I just joined Adination Runners Running Fraternity where the training route include some challenging hills to overcome..

training-wise, I ve been running regularly in the 1st and 2nd week of January at my regular training ground that is at Taman Putra Perdana, Putrajaya for my evening run and at the vicinity of Lake Garden and Kenny Hills on weekends. I log the distance that I run at this cool training log website
to keep track of speed and pace and calories burned every session of running..

this year, I am upgrading (challenging) myself to only run in 20km runs or half marathons for race that offers categories.. I need to familiarize and get myself accustomed to 20km distance before I can further venture to 42km in 2011..

tomorrow, I’ll be running in the PaceSetters NB30 km run.. but yours truly will take part in the 20km category (the actual distance is 19.36km).. insyaAllah, with sufficient training, I think I can complete the race within target time below 2 hours.. but the only thing that can hamper that are the hills.. yeah the killing hills as my training doesn’t include much hills.. InsyaAllah okay kot.. For the rest of Kaki Lariks and fellow runners I wish u all the best for tomorrow's run and have fun running!

5 comments:

  1. goodluck bro, say hi kalau jumpa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks bro. shuk. All the best to u too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best to you too and holler if you see me ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. here's saying the best of luck to you bro! you go crush them sub2.

    ReplyDelete