23 June 2010

Apakah Perasaan Ini?

While I should be peaking in gathering mileages 2 weeks back, I was bogged down with injury which resulted myself not being able to run for two weeks. That’s TWO FREAKING WEEKS! Considering myself a 4-days-a-week-with-minimum-10km-per-session runner, that was a massive blow to me! I knew that I was gonna miss the adrenaline rush, my endorphine dose, and the highs that I got from sweats trickling down my face. During the first few days of resting, I twitched madly to run, and did run once only to find that the injury would have to stay at the back of my right knee joint for quite a while. So a running hiatus I took instead of going full swing with the mileage.

I am now 90% recovered and have done two 11km runs and 2 LSDs since I first resumed running after recovering. The pain is still there though its presence is faint. During the runs, I discovered that my body could not accustom to my usual running tempo, stride and speed. I’ve to be cautious with my running gait in fear of further worsening the pain. Apart from that, i easily pant and grasp for air. While breathing is laborious and sluggishness is evident, the ever irritating side twitch is felt too. In short, I am not the runner I used to be.

Somehow or rather, this has only waned the pre-race jitters that I normally experience in other big races for I know I am not gonna fare well and as I don’t prepare well.

Unlike Kak June, Yim, FMVs, RBU, GBS, Kaki Lariks who are now being taunted by pre-race jitter bugs or the thumping of Kompang that Diket keeps hearing as SCKLM is inching nearer, I don’t feel the same gung-ho-ness when I am about to embark into an epic chapter in my running book. Ironically, i feel emotionless when I should feel giddy and zesty. IT'S MY FIRST FULL MARATHON, FOR GOD SAKE! I know I am gonna get the zest back, but not before the big day. :(

Whatever it is, I am gonna run and finish the race nevertheless, but not as my normal runner-self.

p/s: Good Luck, folks! Run within safe limits. More importantly have fun running. Lets blaze the streets of KL!



16 comments:

  1. Gud luck syed..you'll get your mojo soon enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. abg syed, best of luck ya utk scklm. andalah idola saya. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck... mana nak berkumpul nih?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ala I dont feel rah rah rah pon in my first marathong. Go belasah je lah Syed. At least you have us there to see things through and not to mention the glorious fun we shall have :)

    come come ... run as one with the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hensem .. the injury will not allow you to run as fast and as good as you had planned and we all know you are aiming for a good first finishing time - that's why you sort of not having the thumps like us .. but on the morning, I think, no, I know, you will get it back and do your best, and hey, its only ur first, there are more full marathons to redeem this one :) see you there ya !! get the thumps !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. dude, you've put in everything you can. you run better than any of us. common! cheer up! let's run like there's no tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. La..ingat blog sapa lah ni tadi..you changed your layout!
    anyway, syed good luck! I have a feeling you will be as terer as the nasik ayam boy i meet at ENR.

    ReplyDelete
  8. syed dgn syuk dah tukar layout...baru best..
    alah...boleh je..jgn takut..cuma start slow..safe energy..i know the anxiety will take place at 10 or 20km (like me) but at the end you will fall...dont be like me...remember..you have been trained for this..you can do it..

    Syah : kumpul kat tiang besar le..senang nak ingat, tiang kecik banyak sangat kat situ..confius nanti..

    ReplyDelete
  9. ray - Amen to that! i need that mojo back badly. Good luck to you too, bro!

    nije - idola lah sangat kan!. stamina dah kaput ni. enjoy ur maiden SCKLM bro! it's gonna be so much fun!

    syah - good luck too to you! jgn kumpul kat flagpole tuh. Aku rasa ramai je gang-gang runner lain akan kumpul situ nanti.

    yimster - belasah jangan tak belasah! just play it by the ears, whatever will happen, will happen.. lets plod together kay!

    kakjune- ahh kak june, i really need those encouraging soothing words to weather the big day! TQ mamijune! good luck and run safe!

    shuk- good luck to you too king poco-poco! cakpong-cakpong!

    diket- thanks bro! u've been very encouraging. So fatherly. Now this boy is rest assured. LOL!

    doc julin -u too doc, good luck! see you at the grid line. happy gallivanting on KL streets,doc!

    ijam- will take heed of your advice. lets plod together kay!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bro, u will do just fine. Lets enjoy the run (and suffering). Lets finish the run safe. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ziff- TQ bro! together we slay the 42 dragons, irregardless the way we finish it, be it crawling or rolling.. Good luck, Ziff!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Syed, you can do it, bro. Good luck and all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  13. zaki - yup bro, WE can do it! good luck to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. abg syed, betul2 la abg ni idola sy. sgt kagum tgk smgt abg syed O.O... uuuuuuuuu. btw, selamat berjaya dlm usaha memecahdarakan diri sdr utk full ye. hehe

    ReplyDelete